Vinehealth Australia’s Technical Manager Suzanne McLoughlin has been involved in the wine industry for more than 20 years. But there’s a lot more to Suzanne than viticulture. Here are five things you may not know.
- Suzanne’s parents live in the Yarra Valley. No wonder she’s paranoid each time she returns from a visit.
- Suzanne has been to Africa three times in the past five years on various volunteering trips – twice to Namibia on a Desert Elephant Conservation program building stone walls around water sources and tracking elephants; and to Zambia building mud houses. If sleeping under the stars, getting up close with wild elephants, cleaning yourself with baby wipes and making a difference socially and environmentally is your thing, chat to Suzanne about getting involved.
- Suzanne is a thrill-seeker and loves a challenge. She’s been white water rafting, microlight flying, tandem skydiving and tandem paragliding. (Bungee jumping is not on the cards in case you were wondering.)
- Every second Saturday afternoon you can find Suzanne in bright yellow, heading up a small team of Ozharvest volunteers to collect donated food from the Adelaide Central Market stallholders and distribute it to those in need.
- Other than travel, Suzanne’s passions include hiking, art, good wine, food and conversation shared with friends and family.
You can contact Suzanne on (08) 8273 0551 or email